11/1/12

Studio Session 1

Finally, finally... some video.
It's still early days - I've got 7 songs written for the album but they're still in their basic form. Marnix has joined me and Geert for the percussion and this video is from our first session playing together. But this song isn't for the album.

This session is from 30th October - we ran through the 7 new songs and then finished with some old ones from....years... ago. So it's really a jam session. It was also a test to see what quality the video camera would give me. Now I'm happy about the visual and audio - but I have to do something about the lighting, and the position so you're not just looking at the back of Marnix's head. It's a cramped room, but maybe it just needs a little tidying.
I had problems with getting this edited too - my camera makes video files with a complicated extension which doesn't play on my laptop - so I had to find a converter that worked, and then learn how to use the "new" version of windowsmoviemaker... it's taken me three days to get this up, finally.

I'll be videoing every session from now on so there will be lots more videos coming up regularly - and I plan to video any story sessions I do too.

So this song... to start this series off, is originally from 30 years ago. I wrote it on the Greek island of Naxos. But the lyrics really only worked on Naxos, so I rewrote them 15 years ago with a different and more general theme. One day I'll get round to making an album of all my "older" songs, but for now they can live again here on video, live and acoustic. This one's called "BREAK MY HEAD". Lyrics here...




No comments:

Post a Comment