8/4/12

Through Your Own Eyes

THROUGH YOUR OWN EYES 

I remember him, he was looking for himself
Running from or running to, he never really knew
Searching through the people that he came across by chance
Hoping for a life to come and take him by the hand
And when he left us, he couldn't say goodbye
And I remember, there were tears in his eyes

And I remember me, I was looking for myself
My dream was in my pocket, my guitar was on my shoulder
Inspired by a schoolbook and a moment in the cold
I was drinking up the sunshine like it was liquid gold
And when I left there, I couldn't say goodbye
But I remember, there was laughter in my eyes

I remember you, you are looking for yourself
Do you think you'll ever find you, sitting on your shelf
Dreaming of your heaven while living in your hell
Maybe you're happy there, but I can never tell
And I can't lead you out, but I can give you some advice
Don't see life the way they tell you 
See it through your own eyes



No comments:

Post a Comment