10/9/12

Once Upon A Time On A Greek Island...


Take one dancing fool who sings a bit and plays some strange wind instruments and a failed pantomime villain on accoustic guitar and you get some acoustic cabaret punked up pop - whatever that is.

Once upon a time on a Greek island I bumped into Nigel - a chef with rockstar ambitions. We became close friends and my songwriting efforts of the time (which were, at that time, more effort than song) inspired him to ditch his kitchens for a life on the stage.
Over the years, along with occasional joint songwriting episodes, Nigel honed his own songwriting and performing skills and gathered a rich and varied musical repertoire in a style that can only be described as "Nigelish"!

Now, 30 years on, he's still performing regularly in bars and at festivals across the UK as one half of a distinctly unique duo called "The Big Fibbers". He's also a politician... of sorts!

I envied his ambition and determination - he's clocked up 30 years of experience, while I've stayed a reclusive songwriter. He has therefore been as much an inspiration to me as I was to him way back when. So now, at this turning point in my life, as I'm set to follow his example, I want to make this dedication to a man who made his own dream come true without any regard for the opinions of others. This is what he wanted and he went out and just did it... his way!


The Big Fibbers - a dangerously different duo from a dark kettle of fish. They write songs about booze, madness, the ghosts of love, aliens, fish and even more booze.

Visit the website: http://www.bigfibbers.co.uk/
And enjoy a taste of something, well, completely different...



ROCK ON NIGEL




3 comments: